Thursday, December 17, 2009

Giving Thanks

I am in awe of how fast this year has gone by. I was looking at the last blog entry and couldn’t believe it was already August, now it's already the end of 2009. As I reflect back on this year I have a lot to be thankful for. My family

















Friends


Brides: Raquel. Meredith we did this shot for a photo shoot with Wendy & Eric. Our Indian bride Ameet from Canada she was referred to us from another bride in Canada how cool is this!!



























































Students and associates who have made this a wonderful year. Forming new friendships, making people smile, giving our students the tools to be inspired, creative and have passion for what they do. I love what I do, it gives me a reason to smile.. Hey I'm thinking of my pal Dave Miyamoto, he makes people smile for a living you gotta love this! Also a big huge thank you to Wendy & Eric of L'Amour photography thanks guys for all the brides you’ve sent us this past year. I can’t express enough how honored we feel to have you refer us. Not to mention you're both so talented and a blast to work with.








































So many new changes for us this year, we moved from our old studio space to the new space. Check out the new place below so much room, yay!! The old space was a bit cozy..








































Students practicing the art of Airbrushing.



We added some new staff to take care of your beauty needs - a hairstylist and esthetician. Welcome Leina - Leina is expert at waxing, facials and eyelash extensions.


Heather our hairstylist has been with us for awhile, she's taking on more salon clients. Heather is great with color, cuts and styling she can even do hair extensions. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful staff in the salon and our amazing team of freelance stylists. Heather, Terri, Toni, Jill and Nathan thank you for all the hard work you do! Can’t wait for our holiday get together.

I’m also proud of the work our makeup graduates have been involved with-

Movies: Finding Gauguin & Coors Light Commercial, Music Videos, Short Films at UH, Various Photo Shoots, Fashion shows at the Honolulu Design Center, Tsunami, Bar 35, Level 4, and a few others.

Keep up the great work and follow your dreams nothing is out of reach.

Speaking of I was asked to speak at the Kailua Windward Boys and Girls Club. Any time I can inspire and motivate young girls to feel better about themselves, it's the best! I talked about what else makeup and the importance of taking care of your skin and good hygiene - start early! Heather talked about the importance of clean hair and scalp. It was a fun day plus we were able to go see the New Moon movie with them - nothing like having a bunch of girls screaming in a movie theater, ok Jacob is Hot!! So is Edward :)


























I've included some pictures of this past year to show our journey with brides, students and well life in general. Hope you like them and a few from my photography class - a new hobby..














Next year I hope to be turning another corner creatively and I'm always up for some new adventures.. Cheers to 2010!

No comments: